Move to sourceforge.net
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
minahito
Posted on: 2007/3/22 11:36
Home away from home
Move to sourceforge.net
We will move the project page (the repository) to sourceforge.net, at this month or April. And, the dev team which is closed team by Japanese will disappear, because they will have completed their first mission.

The new CVS wants new members on the rule of the clean open source. And, the full-plugin architecture of XOOPS Cube brings new concept about team. Teams doesn't express any authorities. Therefore, it's freedom even if developer hosts their code at other project. Also, they can apply to the XOOPS Cube project to borrow its CVS.

Umm..., my English is not enough to express the concept, so I wrote virtual FAQs. See the following;

I want to join you to improve Legacy 2.1 for 2.2.
Welcome! you may join us or may establish your project. If you join us, you can access our CVS with us.

I want to develop brabched Legacy which may not have the compatibility.
It's freedom that you develop any programs on the full-plugin architecture of XOOPS Cube. Because you will develop different Legacy having un-compatibility, you should not change Legacy's CVS. But, it's no problem that you join us and make new module directory of CVS. Of cource, you may establish your project to develop your new Legacy or new base. Community handles your project as well as our project.

I hope to host my code on other project. So am I unofficial?
XOOPS Cube doesn't have such concept --- official? or unofficial? Even if you join us, you will not be official. Also we are not official. Because such concept is not here. Also we will remove "official" from the title of xoopscube.org.

I am not good at English.
Me too. XOOPS Cube project uses many disscussion boards, trackers, news and article systems in English. Developers in XOOPS Cube project have to do best to use English. But, XOOPS Cube will define rules to allow each mother language. Or, you may establish your project which uses your mother language.

What is Projects?
We think that it's "the repository". Therefore, it's not important that "who joins where?". You have perfect freedom, so you may join XOOPS Cube project or may establish your project for XOOPS Cube project. All projects are handled as the same existence under the freedom sky of open source.

I am xoops staff. Can I join you?
Welcome. That's no problem. There are not open-source projects which think that's problem, in the world.

I can not understand Cube's concept well
Full-plugin architecture doesn't force any particular implements to both of developers and users. This architecture came from OGRE. You may refer to OGRE Architecture and its community, to get deep understanding. You have to unsertand the following;

- Legacy is not an official.
- Legacy is not all of XOOPS Cube.

XOOPS Cube is the minimum core which defines freedom methods (full-plugin architecture). Legacy is one of plug-ins.

I have established the community for XOOPS. Can I handle XOOPS Cube also?
Welcome. For example, there is XUGJ. XUGJ handles both of XOOPS and XOOPS Cube. That's no problem. Open source projects should not have interferences for what the community wants.

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

plusangel
Posted on: 2007/3/22 17:28
Home away from home
Re: Move to sourceforge.net
Well done!

It's important to move to .net repository since it shows that the project has international range. It's not local job- open to use it and open to contribute.

Regarding the english language - this is also very important. Many of us can't express ourself using advanced english or the way we wish to speak. BUT the succes of this global international project depends on the communication of the team and this can be achieved only by using english.

So don't feel uncomfortable when you write something - all we want is to understand what you want to say, we don't care about the vocabulary and the grammar you are using.

It is very important to share all the valuable ideas and not keep them inside the narrow borders of our local communities.

This project is open to all. We don't want to fight or even remember stories from the past (especially from xoops related). All the members have to be friendly and open-minded!That's all we want :)

----------------
Regards Angelos,

xoopsCube.gr, the greek support site!

gigamaster
Posted on: 2007/3/22 22:35
Home away from home
Can you tell me please if this is an "official" announcement?
I'm kidding

I'm glad that you made some light on such questions and would like to point out 3 things concerning human being and XOOPS Cube.

About XOOPS Cube community and Open Source spirit

- There's not a concept of official hierarchy within XOOPSCube.org
- Everyone is free to contribute

Since the beginning we discuss to create synergy within all. After discuss different opinions, philosophies, Jung psychology, mind concepts, social network , human behaviour and known experiences... we find that synergy emerges from an effective team; build on strengths, yours, other members and the strengths of the community as a whole. Make weaknesses irrelevant.

New users arriving, frenchies and others from all around the world, please, keep an open mind and remember this...
At the time of the French Revolution, "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" was one of the many mottoes in use.

About XOOPS Cube Development

XOOPS Cube tends to follow freedom as internet evolution which is based on the principle of the original chaos that has pursuit an anarchist's way of life... I think that it's one of Mikhail's favorite topics too. This is a reality of our universe that the human being reproduces in the cyberspace.

The XOOPS Cube core is minimalist. Extensions to plugins alike modules and ajax render systems or more "preload" scripts are only limited by our imagination. We learn from others and we find ourselves inspired by their spontaneous creations. Then organized and shared for the benefit of all.

Thanks to the XOOPS Cube programmers of this piece of software, a 'space' for support was planned. This allow developers to include help files within modules. Community to translate and improve it with screenshots, flash animations or videos. So, when we get ONE, we are getting ALL.

About XOOPS Cube License

Open source serves several goals. In the case of BSD license, open access to source code encourages rapid and compatible development based on shared technology.

BSD isn't interested establishing a world where software is community property; the goal of BSD-style open source is to prevent the world from unnecessarily reinventing the wheel, and stabbing itself in the eye in the process.

----------------
Xoops Cube Support

MAC OSX - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.3
Free BSD - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.2

minahito
Posted on: 2007/3/23 11:49
Home away from home
Hi plusangel,

I agree you. English is most useful language for us to talk about XOOPS Cube over the world. So xoopscube.org & XOOPS Cube project have to write "This place allows poor English. We use English instead of Esperanto" clearly.

Sourceforge.net supplies the article system like tinyD to us. We should write various articles --- our spirits, rules on the spirits, how to use sourceforge system --- on the article system. It needs all powers of all users. Please help us. The dev team is making the schedule for April.

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

minahito
Posted on: 2007/3/23 11:55
Home away from home
Hi gigamaster,

Thank you! Three sentences you pointed are very interesting expressions of XOOPS Cube for users. We should point these for new commers sometimes.

Quote:
gigamaster wrote:
Can you tell me please if this is an "official" announcement?

It needs some time. In fact, this topic has been checked by ayumi and onokazu. I submitted this topic hastily to answer many questions, which are sent to me by email. Therefore, this should not become official sentence for "official news". Ayumi will correct this and publish it this month (or April).

The situation may progress than "official news". We are too busy, because March is the most busy month in Japan. Members in the dev team can not work on XOOPS Cube now. Therefore, we have to execute the plan hastily with you. Under the current style, members' silence means XOOPS Cube's silence.

Quote:
About XOOPS Cube License

Open source serves several goals. In the case of BSD license, open access to source code encourages rapid and compatible development based on shared technology.

I like BSD, too. Legacy is GPL, but Cube is BSD. GPL has developed many great software. But, GPL forces freedom that GPL thinks. I don't like it. And, GPL is not good for copyright law of some countries. For example, it's unclear that Japan copyright law allows GPL. But, BSD is good for copyright law of most countries, because a developer declares "unexecution of right" on his right. This is really clean mind. So I like it.

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

minahito
Posted on: 2007/4/5 12:28
Home away from home
We has begun to prepare the project page for May, and noticed that DocumentManagement System in sf.jp is excellent very much!

See this. This document management system has some documents which is written as a test. (I wrote them to check the feature of this system)

The document management system in sf.net can keep the plural document in multi-languages, even if those documents has the same title. In bug trackers, forums and others, we will be able to use each mother language with [LANG] mark. But, we will have to use English also. (Example)

To explain this rule, we can use the document management systems. We can say "Use English!" in each mother language.

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

plusangel
Posted on: 2007/4/5 15:39
Home away from home
Great news!

It's nice to see that the project start it's global performance based on solid substructure.

----------------
Regards Angelos,

xoopsCube.gr, the greek support site!

gigamaster
Posted on: 2007/4/11 2:52
Home away from home
I came across SF.net and read the following call:

Marketplace Interest List

We are looking for interested folks to help us test, provide feedback and drive the direction of this new and exciting initiative. Please indicate your interest level below. Your privacy is important to us: http://sourceforge.net/tos/privacy.php

Buy and Sell Services on SourceForge.net

Are you interested by this!?

----------------
Xoops Cube Support

MAC OSX - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.3
Free BSD - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.2

minahito
Posted on: 2007/4/11 13:03
Home away from home
If that system gives more powerful system to us, we may consider it. But, "free" is "no-problem", so it's better that we use only free system.

Well, Sf.net provides "Automatic Donation system". If the donation system connects to the marketplace payment directly, it's good. But, if the donation system connects to our pockets , we should not use it.

Money lets troubles. If we use it, we need clear system.

P.S.
onokazu pays much money to keep xoopscube.org server. Thanks!

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

minahito
Posted on: 2007/4/11 14:40
Home away from home
WOW!!

sf.net tries to provide Wiki service as well as CodePlex! That's beta service. But, we should try it!

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

(1) 2 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post

Who's Online
29 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 29

more...

Welcome | News | Overview | Documentation | Forum | Tutorialstop
Brasilian | French | German | Greek | Japanese | Korean | Russian | T-Chinese