Design & Theme
     How can we make better CSS in our wiki?
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
minahito
Posted on: 2007/1/12 12:22
Home away from home
Re: How can we make better CSS in our wiki?
Hi JasonMR and gigamaster,

That's just great! Thank you very much!

And, Easy does it. We don't have to change looks quickly. Please do it in your free time.

Well, nobunobu made temporary multi-column pages with tables. I had adjusted it these days, and I've just go public as temporary top page.

Ummm... it's not bad & not good...

(About this working, we still had not changed CSS.)

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

JasonMR
Posted on: 2007/1/12 15:08
Quite a regular
Gigamaster: Excellent! Thanks for your support. I'll send you a list of ideas regarding "icon-methaphors" I had in mind, as "idea-catalog" if you like. And please send me that XC CSS Framework of yours, would be happy to provide you with feedback.

Minahito: Looks much better now, even with those "minor" changes. Makes a huge difference, as it's more cleaned up, and easier to access. Thanks to nobunobu for his efforts.

As always when I start something, I end up doing more than first planned. I'm editing language files, and also creating a German translation. Further I'm editing some of the code, and adding new language constants, so I will once done, put up a new version [with diff] of PukiWiki. Would appreciate it Minahito, if you a) could then do a test for Japanese language, and b) communicate my efforts to the Japanese developers.

Thanks all for your support.

Bright Regards
JasonMR
gigamaster
Posted on: 2007/1/13 19:28
Home away from home

Xoops Cube CSS Themes

It's almost ideas and stuff that we have discussed at Xoops forums and Xoops Theme Forge (april 2005) implemented within some research done in 2006. It may not be a big surprise to you but i'm sure you will have fun with the assembled stuff running on XOOPS Cube.

----------------
Xoops Cube Support

MAC OSX - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.3
Free BSD - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.2

JasonMR
Posted on: 2007/1/13 19:58
Quite a regular
Snapshot of where I'm at. [edit_add_on]Works only properly in FF at this stage [/edit_add_on]

WARNING Do not install this module! It still requires a lot of work. It has it's reason that there is no official release!

I really need to be able to talk to the chap who's done the conversion for XC, or have an intermediate communicator. There is no sense in doubling efforts, and version control would be a "nice thing". I've downloaded the original code [1.4.7_notb_utf8], but need to know which version has been used for conversion.

There are a lot of non-XHTML compliant tags. The stylesheet makes me cry. What I really want to know (just one of many questions, but the one most urgent at the moment), is why there are skin templates for each language? There is really no difference in the code, besides language strings, which I'm extracting. I only want need to know, if that's the only reason. For example, there is also a JS event for the wiki body in the English version, but not int the Japanese, why? I haven't gone through the actual code much, so I might find answers myself, but having an answer without much searching saves time!

OK, enough of my rambling...

Gigamaster: I am again and again reminded of our discussions back in the days of horrible "management".

Remember the discussion on "direction of arrow" in the "X"? Turns out the arrow is actually a "C" (if you follow)

Edit
Minahito: Could I ask you for a backup of the current Wiki content?
minahito
Posted on: 2007/1/14 1:13
Home away from home
Hi JasonMR,

Quote:
JasonMR wrote:
Snapshot of where I'm at. [edit_add_on]Works only properly in FF at this stage [/edit_add_on]

That's cooool! That's the cool design that I wanted in this site. And, I have high respect for your effort. That Pukiwiki doesn't have English support enough. And, Pukiwiki doesn't have documents which answer your questions about this alien wiki module. But, you have improved something for Pukiwiki. Great!

Quote:
I really need to be able to talk to the chap who's done the conversion for XC, or have an intermediate communicator. There is no sense in doubling efforts, and version control would be a "nice thing". I've downloaded the original code [1.4.7_notb_utf8], but need to know which version has been used for conversion.

There are some PukiWiki environments in XC and XOOPS2. And, our wiki in this site had been improved for this site. Therefore, before I talked your efforts to the author, we have to consider to determine who we should tell to.

Happily, nobunobu is joinning to one of them, so I will ask him to come here and apply to this thread.

Quote:
There are a lot of non-XHTML compliant tags. The stylesheet makes me cry. What I really want to know (just one of many questions, but the one most urgent at the moment), is why there are skin templates for each language? There is really no difference in the code, besides language strings, which I'm extracting. I only want need to know, if that's the only reason. For example, there is also a JS event for the wiki body in the English version, but not int the Japanese, why? I haven't gone through the actual code much, so I might find answers myself, but having an answer without much searching saves time!

PukiWiki is the most oldest legacy wiki clone in Japan. As like XOOPS2, PukiWiki has many problems on CSS, HTML and multi-languages. But, the PukiWiki ported to XOOPS is the greatest wiki module for us, so we had chosen this as our wiki. I can imagine how you were cried by PukiWiki. Thank you for your efforts!

Quote:
Minahito: Could I ask you for a backup of the current Wiki content?

Sorry, I can't get the backup soon, because I don't have the permission to access the server resource. I'll ask other members a backup. Wait for some days.

Because I am not good at English, please allow to confirm your wish detail.

- The current content you said is the latest pages of our wiki.
- I'll send these data to you.
- You will test your customized PukiWiki with these data.

It is OK? Or, do I missunderstand your idea?

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

JasonMR
Posted on: 2007/1/14 8:39
Quite a regular
Hey Minahito

Thanks for your prompt reply and encouraging words. The information you provide is very valuable to me.

Would be nice to see nobunobu around.

Quote:

- The current content you said is the latest pages of our wiki.
- I'll send these data to you.
- You will test your customized PukiWiki with these data.

It is OK? Or, do I missunderstand your idea?

You're spot on mate!

I'm sorry I don't speak Japanese, but you know yourself how difficult it is to find time for other learning adventures, aside from writing code.

Bright Regards
JasonMR

PS: No one ever told me PukiWiki was a 5min ready module
nobunobu
Posted on: 2007/1/14 12:59
Just popping in
Hi, JasonMR!

Thanks for your effort.

But,sorry to say, PukiWikiMod on this site is modified by me more than a little.

-Wiki Rendering engine.
PukiWikiMod is based on PukiWiki Version1.3, but there are
few documents in english.
So I change it using PukiWiki 1.4 rendering engine.

-English Translation
I translate Japanese strings into English.
And add a function that it can switch language by language environment.

-Permission management
PukiWikiMod can set Page Read/Write permission by user.
But large site like this site, whole user listing makes large performance stress.

-Other
I remove much of plugins from this site, for security reason.(Against spam)

So, If you wouldn't mind, would you get our cusitomized version of PukiWikiMod from
pukiwikimod_xoopscube.org.zip
and give us your customizing files?
JasonMR
Posted on: 2007/1/14 20:00
Quite a regular
Hey Nobunobu

Thanks for popping in and sharing this information. Very much appreciated.

I've tried downloading the zip file you've provided, but I can't open it (I'm using 7zip). Could you please verify this? Thanks!

Bright Regards
JasonMR
gigamaster
Posted on: 2007/1/14 20:04
Home away from home

Download and extract with 7zip/XP - it works!
Please, try again.

----------------
Xoops Cube Support

MAC OSX - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.3
Free BSD - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.2

JasonMR
Posted on: 2007/1/14 20:21
Quite a regular
Tried it previously 4 times, to no avail. Gigamaster says it works, I try, and it actually works! Thanks mate!

I'm currently on dial-up, and that does corrupt at times, hence my request for verification.

Bright Regards
JasonMR
« 1 (2) 3 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post

Who's Online
16 user(s) are online (7 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 16

more...

Welcome | News | Overview | Documentation | Forum | Tutorialstop
Brasilian | French | German | Greek | Japanese | Korean | Russian | T-Chinese