Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Mikhail
Posted on: 2006/9/15 6:51
Home away from home
XOOPS Cube genealogy
just a sugestion:
http://underpop.free.fr/g/gif/genealogia_do_xoops_cube_rev2.gif

(because some people - a lot of people - from phpnuke.org 'hides' that phpnuke is another forky of thatware, the first 'slash like' portal system writed in php(3/4))...

From Wikipedia: PHP-Nuke is a web based automated news publishing and content management system (a 'nuke') based on PHP and MySQL. The system is fully controlled using a web-based user interface. PHP-Nuke was originally a fork of the Thatware news portal system.

A Short history of PHP-Nuke, by Francisco Burzi (2003):
http://web.archive.org/web/20031027084442/http://www.splatt.it/phpWebNotes/EN-Book/history.php
Quote:

PHP-Nuke is a free software, released under the GNU GPL License, version 2.0. PHP-Nuke is the result of many years administrating a news site called Linux Preview. First, around August 1998, I wrote my own code in Perl called NUKE and used it for about 1 year, then my site grew big, so I needed a more powerfull system and decided to use Slash, the same used in the Slashdot site. It's good, but you realy need to know Perl to modify it, need too many modules, need to load a damn daemon that sucks all your CPU power. My Pentium III just appears to be a 386 each minute the daemon make its work.

Well, then I discovered Thatware, a good project to have a news site under PHP. I learned PHP in less than a week and began modifying it. There are too many mods to mention, it was practicaly a rewrite. I added some cool stuff, deleted some others and after more than 380 hours of hard work in 3 weeks! PHP-Nuke was born.

On August 17, 2000 I sold LinuxPreview.org to LinuxAlianza.com and now I have all the time to dedicate to the development of PHP-Nuke.

From January 2001 to January 2002, PHP-Nuke has been financially supported by MandrakeSoft, the folks that made Mandrake Linux. This gave me and PHP-Nuke a lot of oxygen and made possible a lot of stuff.

Now, I'm alone with this killer project. There is a lot of help from the people that use and develop modules and themes. Now, phpnuke.org is a big site with a lot of users and helpful information for any user around the world. There are also strong users community sites in almost any language you can imagine. Just go to phpnuke.org and enjoy this great community!

[]'s,

mikhail

----------------
XOOPS Brasil

gigamaster
Posted on: 2006/9/15 7:40
Home away from home
Re: XOOPS Cube genealogy
Viva,

with a concern of continuity in the project development history i've send you a suggestion of new names.

Abraço

----------------
Xoops Cube Support

MAC OSX - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.3
Free BSD - Apache 2.2 - MySQL 5.5 - PHP 5.2

minahito
Posted on: 2006/9/15 11:32
Home away from home
I have known that, but I didn't write the root. Because, it's too long "family history" for Cube.

But, you're right, we have to rewrite the dialog. We have to write the root of Nuke series and that XOOPS Cube isn't the branch of Nuke's history.

"XOOPS Cube has Legacy which is the branch of Nuke's history. But, XOOPS Cube isn't member of Nuke's family..."

----------------
minahito
Homepage (poor English )

Mikhail
Posted on: 2006/9/18 18:30
Home away from home
Hi Minahito and Nuno!
thanks for your comments and sorry for my delay to reply

----------------
XOOPS Brasil

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post

Who's Online
17 user(s) are online (12 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 17

more...

Welcome | News | Overview | Documentation | Forum | Tutorialstop
Brasilian | French | German | Greek | Japanese | Korean | Russian | T-Chinese