migrate to Cube from XOOPS 2.0.13.2?
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
h2o
Posted on: 2006/5/3 19:40
Just popping in
migrate to Cube from XOOPS 2.0.13.2?
If I migrate to XoopsCube from XOOPS 2.0.13.2, should I just overwrite it with Cube2.0.13JP->2.0.14JP or by some other ways?

As I can only found a download here called upgrade
XOOPS 2.0.13/2.0.13a JP -> 2.0.14 JP, and seems (2.0.13/2.0.13a JP) is not equal to (XOOPS2.0.13.2), pls advice?
OneOfTen
Posted on: 2006/5/3 21:39
Just can't stay away
Re: migrate to Cube from XOOPS 2.0.13.2?
It's a bit difficult and you should test it on your loacl machine before testing it on the server! Just wait a moment, I will translate the manual for you!

----------------
[b][size=small][font=Verdana]Co-Admin on Xoopscube.org

OneOfTen
Posted on: 2006/5/3 21:52
Just can't stay away
Ok, here it is:

1. Note the current database prefix (You will find it in your mainfie.php)
2. Delete all XOOPS Files, but don't delete the files of the additionaly installed modules
3. Copy all the files of XOOPSCube.
4. set CHMOD (Cache, Templates_C, Uploads, mainfile.php = 777 )
5. Begin with the normal installation of XOOPS Cube (use another database prefix than you used before with XOOPS!!!)
6. After having installed XCube you have to insert the old databse prefix into the „mainfile.php“
7. LogIn as Admin
8. Update the modules ( Module-Administration )
9. set CHMOD of mainfile.php to 444!
10. Be happy with XOOPS Cube

I tested it with XOOPS 2.013.2 to XOOPS Cube 2.0.13a and after that upgraded to XOOPS Cube 2.0.14
It only works with XOOPS 2.0.10 - 2.0.13.2

You should test it with a backup on a local machine first and make a backup of the database in case it doesn't work when you try it on a live-system because I can't guarantee that it works on every invidual system!

----------------

plusangel
Posted on: 2006/5/3 22:06
Home away from home
This will become the frequently asked question, I guess.

Thanks, OneOfTen for this useful info that missing from the easily access tips!

----------------
Regards Angelos,

xoopsCube.gr, the greek support site!

Shine
Posted on: 2006/5/4 0:09
Home away from home
Great explanation 1of10 (short written)

I think this tutorial should be a standard article within the documents area. It will be indeed a FAQ in the nearby future!
I will translate it into Dutch to hand it out for those ppl. Offcourse giving and mentioning the credits to you oneoften

Grtz., Shine
Briese
Posted on: 2006/5/4 1:50
Quite a regular
@OnOfTen

Super work!

----------------
Greeting Briese

OneOfTen
Posted on: 2006/5/4 2:21
Just can't stay away
I have to add something:

The original manual was written by Briese. I only did the translation work!

----------------

Rick
Posted on: 2006/5/4 15:57
Just can't stay away
A word of wisdom - Do not experiment with your live site - do not upgrade a live site on impulse. Create a duplicate install and upgrade that install. You do this by uploading a mirror install of the live site. Always keep a mirror site as a backup. A mirror site can go live anythime - its sits there on standby. Please remember that the upgrade process is an experiment.

Stress test it first before you release it. There are way too many variables to think every upgrade will be without some surprises. If this is a hobby - then sure test on the live site - if it is an important project or is for a client - do the right thing and make your life peaceful and one with less stress.

Experiment with the mirror install and not with the live site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry - I was a little confused - perhaps someone could help out. These instructions must be clearly understood. Please accept that the student has:

A - phpadmin
B - a copy of the data base from version 2.0.13x
C - had several modules installed from 2.0.13x
D - when the Xoops 2.0.13 was installed the installed used the default data base prefix "xoops"

And now the student wants to migrate to Xoops 2.0.14Jp

Condition A - The student has installed a fresh copy of 2.0.14 and now wants to migrate the data base that is in a folder on the local machine.

Condition B - The student has 2.0.13.2 installed and wants to migrate to 2.0.14JP by just overwriting the upgraded scripts

The proceedures for A and B will much the same but there will be differences. Prior to doing anything, backup your data. I suggest if you are not familiar with phpadmin to do I do, use BackPak a great script for backing up and restoring your data within the admin.

Backpak .83

Now after saving your precious data, you can go ahead and experiment on trying to migrate.

Quote:
2. Delete all XOOPS Files, but don't delete the files of the additionaly installed modules

So if you are phpadmin you would drop all of the tables created by the new installed version with the exception of the mods like the "forum" and "system" mods.

Quote:

I don't understand this one. Copy them from where to where?

Quote:
5. Begin with the normal installation of XOOPS Cube (use another database prefix than you used before with XOOPS!!!)

if not as instructed above, you will overwrite your data - So do this, if your prefixes are "xoops" when you install your new Xoops, make the prefix, "temps" within the maincnf.php file or when using the install wizard. This way you can drop the temp tables later on - and know that they are not active and not contributing anything.

As a suggestion, always keep your database prefixes as "xoops." If you add for example: "xoops_ecomm" or "xoops_for_fun" you can actually have several different data bases within one file. This is not good as you may not know which prefix to point to in the "maincnf" config file. So stay with "xoops" the default to avoid having multiple data bases with one file and having that file unnecessarily large

When I get less busy, I shall create a tutorial as a movie for this most important process which everyone who uses Xoops must know. Of course I do know everything about Xoops, I may ask for some assistance.

Migrating data is one of the reasons for getting a blank screen or getting locked out, so I think a clear and an illustrated manual for this is needed.

Rick
OneOfTen
Posted on: 2006/5/4 20:11
Just can't stay away
Quote:
Quote:

So if you are phpadmin you would drop all of the tables created by the new installed version with the exception of the mods like the "forum" and "system" mods.

What's got deleting files to do with the database?
And you should delete all files but not the additionaly installed modules. So "system" would be deleted too!

Quote:
Quote:

I don't understand this one. Copy them from where to where?

Hmm...just think a minute about that. From where to where could I copy the files of the new system I want to install? Perhaps to the server!?!

As I said above: I can't give guarantee that it works everytime and that everyone should test it with a backup on his local machine! Where is your problem?

----------------

h2o
Posted on: 2006/5/5 4:47
Just popping in
Quote:

I think should keep all files within Uploads and Modules because it contains my website's content.

Quote:

6. After having installed XCube you have to insert the old databse prefix into the ?mainfile.php“

As above, do you mean XoopCube 2.0.14JP's database structure is 100% same as XOOPS 2.0.13.2?
The question is my concern, can you kindly tell me?
No SQL update necessary?

Quote:

if not as instructed above, you will overwrite your data - So do this, if your prefixes are "xoops" when you install your new Xoops, make the prefix, "temps" within the maincnf.php file or when using the install wizard. This way you can drop the temp tables later on - and know that they are not active and not contributing anything.

I understand the main point is to avoid overwriting old data by using different DB tables prefix. Thanks!

Quote:

As a suggestion, always keep your database prefixes as "xoops." If you add for example: "xoops_ecomm" or "xoops_for_fun" you can actually have several different data bases within one file. This is not good as you may not know which prefix to point to in the "maincnf" config file. So stay with "xoops" the default to avoid having multiple data bases with one file and having that file unnecessarily large

As I installed Protector, the original prefix "XOOPS" was gone for long time, I am happy with it.
User can just use simple prefix, e.g. "A", "MY", "WEB", etc... and unnecessary DB tables can be removed easily within Protector module to save DB space.
(1) 2 3 »
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post

Who's Online
7 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 7

more...

Welcome | News | Overview | Documentation | Forum | Tutorialstop
Brasilian | French | German | Greek | Japanese | Korean | Russian | T-Chinese