Xigg XOOPS Cube Module Version 1.10 Released
Xigg XOOPS Cube module version 1.10 has been released with major enhancements to the previous version.
What is Xigg?
Xigg allows site administrators to maintain a community-based news article popularity website like digg.com. News stories and websites are submitted by users, and then promoted to the front page through a user-based ranking system. The functionality of Xigg can be further extended by installing various plugins.
Real running Xigg instances (XOOPS Cube module version) can be viewed on the following sites:
- XOOPS Cube International Support Site
- XOOPS Cube Japan
- Xigg English Support Site
- Xigg Japanese Support Site
- PHP Mbstring functions are required
- PHP Gettext functions are not required, however it is strongly recommended that they are available
- After installing the module, the "prototype" plugin should be installed from the plugin administration page
Changes from 1.00 (or 1.0.0b1)
- Advanced role administration
- Roles can now be assigned not only to groups but to each user as well. Each role can also be customized to have various permission settings.
- Guest voting
- Votes by guest users can be enabled from the module preferences section.
- Advanced plugin administration
- The plugin administration system will now check for the required PHP version and plugin dependencies. Each plugin can now have its own permissions which can be configured from the role administration page.
Following plugins are included in the core package. Plugins can be installed from the plugin administration page of the Xigg module.
- Stops comment/trackback spams using the Akismet API
- Sends ping to Google Blog Search
- Enables auto formatting of articles (auto-linking, auto-paragraphing)
- Stops trackback spams using the PEAR Services_Trackback library
- Enables text editing using the Text_Wiki syntax
- Sends pings to predefined ping servers
- Enables text editing using the XOOPS Code syntax
- Opens external sites in a new browser window. It also adds a small icon next to all the external links
- Displays news source website in a mouseover small popup window
- Enables text editing using the TinyMCE editor
- Enables embedding YouTube videos within articles