Potential Collaboration Between XOOPS and XC
Register To Post

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
mamba
Posted on: 2010/11/12 17:13
Just popping in
Potential Collaboration Between XOOPS and XC
Kilica suggested that I post here as well a message about potential collaboration between XOOPS and XC communities, to get re-united again.

He posted my original email on the SourceForge Forums, so you can read more details there.

The basic idea is to explore possibilities of getting our two communities back together.

As they say, "United we stand, divided me fall", and this is definitely true of the XOOPS community. When we were working together, we were one of the best CMS in the world. When our communities went apart, we lost some of the visibility and presence.

The last few years we've been working very hard on rebuilding the XOOPS international community and on innovating XOOPS, and we did some good progress there:

- we got some good Awards, with the last one received just week ago in Korea at the 9th Annual Northeast Asia Open Source Conference
- our main XOOPS series just got a major upgrade with the XOOPS 2.5.0 release
- and we have the probably most significant XOOPS Update in years coming next year with the X3 Xoops Engine

But while we're making major progress in XOOPS, it would be even better, if we could work together, get reunited, and put our mutal talents and brains together to regain the position XOOPS once had in the CMS world.

I would love to hear from the XC community about this idea...
gigamaster
Posted on: 2010/12/21 22:53
Home away from home
Re: Potential Collaboration Between XOOPS and XC
Glad to join this discussion ^_^
mamba
Posted on: 2011/1/4 17:57
Just popping in
Thanks Nuno

There are not many discussions here on these forums. Looks like the XUGJ are more visited...

Well, Happy New Year to everybody here
XoopNoob
Posted on: 2011/1/5 7:22
Just popping in
Sounds exciting. Since Im pretty new to xoopscube, would you care to elaborate what caused the split in the first place? Why would it work better this time? Well, I wish all the best for it. Its too often on the net that developers and programmers go different ways, although something great can come out of it. Either way, looking forward to renewed unity. :)

----------------
Every problem has a solution.

mamba
Posted on: 2011/1/9 22:20
Just popping in
I was not part of it at that time, but my understanding is that the Japanese community felt that XOOPS leadership at that time didn't address some important issues (like Unicode) in the main XOOPS version, so they've decided to create a version that would address it.

But it was long time ago, and it's probably better to leave it in the past, especially since many if not most of the people involved are gone from the project.

The main thing is that we might have some opportunities going forward
Mikhail
Posted on: 2011/1/25 7:12
Home away from home
should be renamed to an original name or merged with the XOOPS from xoops.org
Personally, I think the project should be renamed to an original name or merged with the XOOPS from xoops.org.

Is very hard to promote XOOPS Cube outside Japan: the name "XOOPS Cube" sounds like a XOOPS subproject. This did not work in the past with My-PHPNuke and E-XOOPS, and is not working now with "XOOPS Cube Project" .Just one example: promoting the "XOOPS Cube" name promotes the "XOOPS" name but this not happen in the inverse way.

Is very frustrating.

----------------
XOOPS Brasil

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top

Register To Post

Activity | Contributions

Who's Online
29 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 29

more...

Welcome | News | Overview | Documentation | Forum | Tutorialstop
Brasilian | French | German | Greek | Japanese | Korean | Russian | T-Chinese